The General Manager’s overall responsibility is to deliver the highest customer service to increase sales, profitability and the success of the Branch through: overseeing the hiring, training and motivation of employees; overseeing and executing marketing and sales plans; controlling costs and improving profitability; and consistently exceeding customer expectations. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of functional support areas, including our core business, sales, finance, training and marketing. The General Manager is the highest position of authority at a particular branch and should know and be able to perform any of the functions under his/her authority. Through confidence and effective leadership, this individual will uplift and inspire employees to perform at high-level expectations.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates must possess a background and strong understanding of the service industry in Dispatch/Sales Transportation/Operations Management/Job Profitability.
Essential Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Manage and develop dispatch and operational procedures, training, recruiting employees, communication values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; developing incentives
• Executes marketing, sales, and operational planning activities, producing results that both meet and exceed company standards.
• Budget, manage and responsible for profitability of the Branch.
• Coordinate efforts and technical services, policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
• Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, relevant associations and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Establishes systems, policies and procedures for key areas.
• Drives continual improvement of key areas of the business.
• Responsible for establishing staffing requirements, conducting interviews, new hire process and training of new employees.
• Responsible for employee accountability and adherence to company standards and policies.
• Responsible for employee development, accountability and corrective action programs.
• Ensures compliance with all DOT, WUTC and other regulations and guidelines.
• Ensures and recommends appropriate training and development programs for staff.
• Drives communication upward through monthly reports of all functional areas for executive review.
• Responsible for the direction and day-to-day supervision of all management and staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, management or other related field is highly preferred.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of moving and storage business, management or other relevant experience is required.
• Must possess a background and strong understanding of the service industry in Dispatch/Transportation/Operations Management/Job Profitability.
• Extensive leadership background in the service industry in Dispatch/Transportation/Operations Management/Job Profitability.
• Excellent oral and written comprehension and communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, attention to detail and time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead by example to motivate, develop and direct people.
• Ability to assess the performance of self and employees to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Strong decision making ability.
• Proactive, Reliable and Consistent
• Understanding of and commitment to customer service and Bekins Northwest’s core values.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Work is generally performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. However, occasionally lifting of up to 100 pounds may be necessary. Travel is minimal, but may be required for training purposes.
• Our competitive benefit package includes: paid vacation and holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage.
Bekins Northwest takes pride in having a dynamic, diverse workforce. The possibilities for our Company are limitless and so are the careers of the bright, ambitious team players behind our innovations. We strive to attract and train the very best employees and provide them with ongoing career development, benefits, and a path for advancement.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Passage of a drug test and criminal background check are required at the time of employment.
Bekins Northwest is a Drug Free Work Environment. Any candidate that tests positive for marijuana or ANY controlled substance and/or alcohol during a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening will not be eligible for hire.Follow Us For More Updates!